Chronic pain imposes a distressing sensory and emotional experience on the patient and potentially leads to life-altering negative outcomes. The purpose of this course is to provide clinicians with the information necessary to identify and appropriately manage chronic pain syndromes in accordance with evidence-based guidelines. In addition, members of the public may use this course to enhance their personal knowledge of the subject matter presented.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
1. Describe key points in the pathophysiology and treatment of endometriosis.
2. Evaluate options available for the management of pain associated with sickle cell disease.
3. Identify postherpetic neuralgia and available treatment modalities.
4. Recall the epidemiology, contributing factors, and personal/societal cost of chronic pain syndromes.
5. Outline the pathophysiology of visceral and referred pain and therapeutic implications.
6. Describe the management of pain associated with cancer.
7. Describe the presentation and evidence-based management of low back pain.
8. Apply evidence-based strategies for the management of whiplash-associated disorders.
9. Illustrate approaches to the treatment of arthritis-associated pain.
10. Analyze the diagnosis and treatment of gout and gout-related pain.
11. Discuss the diagnosis and management of headaches of various types.
12. Assess patients’ post-amputation pain and identify treatment options.
13. Review key points in the diagnosis and treatment of diabetic neuropathy.
14. Outline the criteria for the diagnosis and management of complex regional pain syndrome.
15. Identify appropriate strategies for the management of fibromyalgia pain.
This 15-hour continuing education course is available for download for professional development; if continuing education credit is desired, please see instructions included in eBook.
price: more details
Chronic Pain Syndromes: Current Concepts and Treatment Strategies Download Link
Author by : NetCE
Languange Used : English
Release Date : 2016-09-06
Publisher by : NetCE