Coming to grips with C++11 and C++14 is more than a matter of familiarizing yourself with the features they introduce (e.g., auto type declarations, move semantics, lambda expressions, and concurrency support). The challenge is learning to use those features effectively—so that your software is correct, efficient, maintainable, and portable. That’s where this practical book comes in. It describes how to write truly great software using C++11 and C++14—i.e. using modern C++.
- The pros and cons of braced initialization, noexcept specifications, perfect forwarding, and smart pointer make functions
- The relationships among std::move, std::forward, rvalue references, and universal references
- Techniques for writing clear, correct, effective lambda expressions
- How std::atomic differs from volatile, how each should be used, and how they relate to C++’s concurrency API
- How best practices in “old” C++ programming (i.e., C++98) require revision for software development in modern C++
Effective Modern C++ follows the proven guideline-based, example-driven format of Scott Meyers’ earlier books, but covers entirely new material.
“After I learned the C++ basics, I then learned how to use C++ in production code from Meyer’s series of Effective C++ books. Effective Modern C++ is the most important how-to book for advice on key guidelines, styles, and idioms to use modern C++ effectively and well. Don’t own it yet? Buy this one. Now”.
— Herb Sutter, Chair of ISO C++ Standards Committee and C++ Software Architect at Microsoft
price: $37.04 Buy Now
Effective Modern C++: 42 Specific Ways to Improve Your Use of C++11 and C++14 Download Link
Author by : Scott Meyers
Languange Used : English
Release Date :
Publisher by : O'Reilly Media