• User-friendly 2-color design
• Small enough to fit in a pocket
• 6-ring binder to accommodate notes
• Tabs help locate major organ systems quickly
• Content has been fully updated to include the most recent information across the full breadth of inpatient internal medicine.
If you purchased a copy of Sabatine: Pocket Medicine 5e, ISBN 978-1-4511-8237-8, please make note of the following important correction on page 1-36:
Oral anticoagulation (Chest 2012;141:e531S; EHJ 2012;33:2719; Circ 2013;127:1916)
· All valvular AF as stroke risk very high
· Nonvalv. AF: stroke risk ~4.5%/y; anticoag ® 68% ¯ stroke; use a risk score to guide Rx:
CHADS2: CHF (1 point), HTN (1), Age ≥75 y (1), DM (1), prior Stroke/TIA (2)
CHA2DS2-VASc: adds 65–74 y (1) ≥75 y (2), vasc dis. [MI, Ao plaque, or PAD (1)]; ? (1)
score ³2 ® anticoag; score 1 ® consider anticoag or ASA (? latter reasonable if risk factor age 65-74 y, vasc dis. or ?); antithrombotic Rx even if rhythm control [SCORE CORRECTED]
· Rx options: factor Xa or direct thrombin inhib (non-valv only; no monitoring required) or
warfarin (INR 2-3; w/ UFH bridge if high risk of stroke); if Pt refuses anticoag, consider
ASA + clopi or, even less effective, ASA alone (NEJM 2009;360:2066)
Please make note of this correction in your copy of Sabatine: Pocket Medicine 5e immediately and contact LWW’s Customer Service Department at 1.800.638.3030 or 1.301.223.2300 so that you may be issued a corrected page 1-36. You may also download a PDF of page 1-36 directly from www.lww.com/PocketMedicine.
All copies of Pocket Medicine, 5e with the ISBN: 978-1-4511-9378-7 include this correction.
price: $53.35 more detailsDownload Now Read Online