NOTE: Before purchasing, check with your instructor to ensure you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson’s MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, and registrations are not transferable. To register for and use Pearson’s MyLab & Mastering products, you may also need a Course ID, which your instructor will provide.
This text is intended for a one-semester introductory programming course for students with limited programming experience. It is also appropriate for readers interested in introductory programming.
In Starting Out with Python®, Third Edition Tony Gaddis’ evenly-paced, accessible coverage introduces students to the basics of programming and prepares them to transition into more complicated languages. Python, an easy-to-learn and increasingly popular object-oriented language, allows readers to become comfortable with the fundamentals of programming without the troublesome syntax that can be challenging for novices. With the knowledge acquired using Python, students gain confidence in their skills and learn to recognize the logic behind developing high-quality programs.
Starting Out with Python discusses control structures, functions, arrays, and pointers before objects and classes. As with all Gaddis texts, clear and easy-to-read code listings, concise and practical real-world examples, detail-oriented explanations, and an abundance of exercises appear in every chapter.
MyProgrammingLab for Starting Out with Python is a total learning package. MyProgrammingLab is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program that truly engages students in learning. It helps students better prepare for class, quizzes, and exams—resulting in better performance in the course—and provides educators a dynamic set of tools for gauging individual and class progress.
Teaching and Learning Experience
This program presents a better teaching and learning experience–for you and your students. It will help:
- Personalize Learning with MyProgrammingLab: Through the power of practice and immediate personalized feedback, MyProgrammingLab helps students fully grasp the logic, semantics, and syntax of programming.
- Enhance Learning with the Gaddis Approach: Gaddis’s accessible approach features clear and easy-to-read code listings, concise real-world examples, and exercises in every chapter.
- Support Instructors and Students: Student and instructor resources are available to expand on the topics presented in the text.
- Keep Your Course Current: This edition’s programs have been tested with Python 3.3.2.
Note: Starting Out with Python with MyProgrammingLab Access Card Package, 3/e contains:
- ISBN-10: 0133582736/ISBN-13: 9780133582734 Starting Out with Python , 3/e
- ISBN-10: 0133759113/ISBN-13: 9780133759112 MyProgrammingLab with Pearson eText — Access Card — for Starting Out with Python , 3/e
MyProgrammingLab is not a self-paced technology and should only be purchased when required by an instructor.
price: $114.60 Buy Now